AC Milan president Scaroni reveals new stadium plansby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveAC Milan president Paolo Scaroni has revealed plans for a new stadium.Scaroni says Inter Milan are also involved in the talks.“I am representing the owners, who invested a great deal of money, and dealing with important elements like the new Milan stadium,” Scaroni told reporters at the Christmas party for the youth team.“We are thinking of building a new stadium along with Inter.”Scaroni also spoke of the current form under coach Gennaro Gattuso.“We aren’t going terribly well, but we are fourth and that is the important thing. We need Milan to get back into the Champions League. It’s important to stay in fourth place.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Jonathan Williams RehabArkansas running back Jonathan Williams hasn’t played all season due to a foot injury, but the bruising senior is working his way back to the gridiron. Whether he’ll next suit up for the Razorbacks or in the NFL, Williams is determined to make a full recovery. Last week, he posted video of himself running for the first time since the injury, and today he shared footage of himself doing underwater agility drills. Best of luck to Williams as he continues to progress in his rehab.
APTN National NewsFormer Premier and Nunavut Minister of both Justice and Health, Paul Okalik resigned his cabinet positions in the territorial legislature Thursday.Okalik said he couldn’t support a beer and wine store in Iqaluit.APTN’s Kent Driscoll asked Okalik about the [email protected]
Washington DC: President Donald Trump will be making a significant request for border wall funds and seeking money to stand up Space Force as a new branch of the military in the White House budget being released next week, an administration official said Friday. For the first time, Trump plans to stick with the strict spending caps imposed years ago, even though lawmakers have largely avoided them with new budget deals. That will likely trigger a showdown with Congress. Also Read – Imran Khan arrives in China, to meet Prez Xi JinpingThe official said the president’s plan promises to balance the budget in 15 years. Trump will seek USD 750 billion for defense, a boost for the military, while cutting non-defense discretionary spending by 5 per cent, said the official, who was unauthorized to discuss the document ahead of its release and spoke on condition of anonymity. Budgets are mainly seen as blueprints for White House priorities. But they are often panned on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers craft the appropriation bills that eventually fund the government, if the president signs them into law. Also Read – US blacklists 28 Chinese entities over abuses in XinjiangTrump’s budget for the 2020 fiscal year will increase requests for some agencies while reducing others to reflect those priorities. Reductions are proposed, for example, for the Environmental Protection Agency. The official said Congress has ignored the president’s spending cuts for too long. The federal budget is bloated with wasteful spending, the official said, and the administration remains committed to balancing the budget. The cuts being requested by the White House would hit discretionary spending as well as some mandatory safety net programs, which Trump has proposed in the past. Many Republicans are often eager to reduce government spending, but Congress has had trouble passing bills that seriously slash the safety net programs used by many Americans. Budgets often rely on various accounting measures to achieve desired results. This one, for example, counts USD 546 billion in defense money as a base, but another USD 174 billion in another account to keep within caps. And while the budget will suggest it balances in future years, it is also expected to rely on projections for continued economic growth from the tax cuts Trump signed into law in 2017. But there’s no guarantee that would cover the lost tax revenues. By proposing spending levels that don’t raise the budget caps, the president is courting a debate with Congress. Lawmakers from both parties have routinely agreed to raise spending caps established by a previous deal years ago to fund the government. Trump, though, has tried to resist those deals. He threatened to veto the last one reached in 2017 to prevent a shutdown. Late last year, a fight over border wall funds sparked the 35-day shutdown that spilled into this year and became the longest in history.
New Delhi: Lenders will cite one day default clause under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) to defend their action against erring promoters taken to insolvency under the now defunct February 12, 2018 circular of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Sources said promoters of about half a dozen stressed power entities referred to National Company Law Tribunal have approached the bankruptcy court to quash insolvency proceedings against them as it has become non-maintainable following the Supreme Court order declaring the RBI circular ultra vires. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalBut banker’s are confident that stressed assets referred to NCLT will continue to face bankruptcy proceedings as IBC clearly states such referral even if there is one day delay or default by any entity in meeting its loan commitments. “There is no question that stressed assets referred to NCLT will come out from there following the apex court’s ruling. These assets continue to remain stressed and lenders are sure that resolution under IBC framework would work best for all stakeholders,” said chairman and managing director of a leading state-owned financial institution asking not to be named. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boost”If need be, lenders would also file an affidavit with NCLT to continue the bankruptcy proceedings in the case of companies that faced such action over the earlier RBI circular,” he added. Five stressed power producers, including 3,600 MW KSK Mahanadi Power Co. Ltd., 1920 MW Lanco Amarkantak Power Ltd., 600 MW Avantha Power (Jhabua), 1350 MW Rattan India Nashik Power Ltd. (formerly Indiabulls) and 1,350 MW Rattan India Power (Amravati project) are preparing to oppose insolvency proceedings as lenders filed petitions against them as per February 12 RBI circular. The projects owe about Rs 50,000 crore to banks. Lanco Amarkantak has sought time from the NCLT to submit documents that suggests that Axis Bank had initiated insolvency proceedings against it under the now-defunct RBI circular. KSK Mahanadi and Avantha Power have also cited the apex court order in earlier NCLT hearing. The other projects are also thinking of taking up the matter in the court. The February 12 RBI circular had also mandated resolution process by lenders even if there was one day delay in repayment by debtors. This stands annulled by Supreme Court. However, IBC gives powers to any creditor to take a company to NCLT even if there is one day delay in repayments and the outstanding amount is in excess of Rs 1 lakh. As this provision stands, lenders want to maintain bankruptcy proceedings against assets that remain in stress. In all about 70 cases with total bank exposure of about Rs 4 lakh crore was declared as stressful by the banks post the RBI circular. This included 34 stressed power projects worth 40,000 MW having total bank of close to Rs 1.8 lakh crore. Its not that institutions, including PFC did not try to resolve certain power projects, but none of the attempts remained successful. In the case of KSK Mahanadi, Adani Group showed interest but it soon withdrew from the race as lenders were divided on the level of hair cut and UP state regulator sought cut in tariff for the project. In case of an Rs 600 crore one time settlement scheme worked out for Lanco Amravati, the sole investor backed out from the race at the last minute. With relation to Avantha Power (Jhabua) an Rs 100 crore settlement for PFC got stalled after one of the operational creditors took the asset to NCLT.
Most damningly, Prescott’s passer rating collapses when he targets Bryant — the opposite of what is supposed to happen with a No. 1 wide receiver. When throwing to Bryant, Prescott is 53-for-103 for 578 yards, with four TDs and three picks. That’s a 69.2 rating, which would rank 35th in the NFL, between C.J. Beathard and Tom Savage.In Elliott’s absence, things have gotten even worse. Prescott has a 54.4 rating when throwing to Bryant, and Dallas has scored just 22 combined points in three straight losses — the first team to score fewer than 10 points in each of three straight games since the 2009 Browns.Bryant, an elite deep-ball weapon in his prime, is now completely useless downfield, with just one reception on a pass thrown over 20 yards from scrimmage all year. Between 2012 and 2014, he averaged nearly 10 such grabs per season (29 total). It’s not like he’s wide open on short passes either. That was never more apparent than it was on Thanksgiving, when Bryant’s 0.8 yards of separation on targets was lowest among all wideouts who got at least five targets, according to the NFL’s Next Gen Stats.While Bryant just turned 29 in November, he has not only endured injury but also taken constant punishment as one of the game’s most physical receivers. He has been one of the league’s most vocal receivers about getting his share of volume, so if Prescott does start looking to his other targets more frequently, there’s no doubt that he will hear about. But it may be worth it: On all non-Bryant passes, Prescott’s rating of 95.3 is well above the NFL average. When Cowboys’ running back Ezekiel Elliott was finally forced to serve his six-game suspension for domestic violence, the logical assumption was that quarterback Dak Prescott would lean more heavily on the third member of the Dallas troika, star receiver Dez Bryant. But the Cowboys offense has floundered in the ensuing three weeks, and one of the reasons is becoming obvious: Bryant has fallen into an abyss so deep that he’s not merely no longer great, he has actually become one of the least efficient wide receivers in football.The most disconcerting thing about Bryant’s precipitous drop in production is that it’s not because he’s not getting opportunities. The Cowboys and NFL sophomore Prescott are throwing Bryant the ball — peppering him with 103 targets, the sixth-highest number in the league according to ESPN TruMedia.This high volume of looks would make good sense if Bryant were the offensive force we last saw for extended stretches way back in 2014, when Tony Romo was his quarterback. But the former All-Pro wide receiver has not been the same since he broke his foot in 2015. His horrible inefficiency that year was attributed to his coming back too soon and then playing without Romo, who was injured, and instead getting targets from one of the most inept casts of backup quarterbacks ever assembled. His 2016 season was supposed to be an awakening. But even with hyper-efficient Prescott at the controls, Bryant was nowhere near peak form. He hauled in 52.1 percent of his targets compared with 62.6 percent through 2014. And he converted just 57 percent of all the air yards on passes thrown to him into actual receiving yards, versus 74.6 percent prior to his injury.Still, Bryant flashed enough brilliance late in the year and in the postseason to lead Cowboys fans to think they were heading into this season with a legitimate weapon. Instead, Bryant is among the lowest-rated receivers in key efficiency metrics like catch rate (73rd out of 78 qualifying wide receivers with at least two catches per team game), receiving yards per target (75th), and receiving yards as a percentage of air yards (72nd).1According to data from ESPN TruMedia. Here’s every wide receiver with 22 or more receptions this season, broken up by targets and receiving yards.
Emil Meliv, now Ohio State’s pistol coach, takes aim at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup at Fort Benning in Georgia on March 28, 2014. Credit: Courtesy of USA ShootingAfter competing in six Olympic games, Emil Milev has a new challenge ahead of him: being head coach of the Ohio State pistol team as it prepares for another triumphant season.The pistol team won last year’s women’s aggregate national championships and the open team intercollegiate championship for the third season in a row. Milev said he is looking forward to building on the success of an already highly decorated program and “taking it to the next level.”“The name is what led me here — it’s the best in the country,” Milev said. “I think the team and I can work together, and this collaboration can be beneficial to the program. I want to give them a lot of opportunities in the sport and in life.” The Bulgarian-born Milev competed for his home country in four Olympic games between 1992 and 2004 and earned the silver medal in the 1996 Atlanta games, before moving to the U.S. in 2004 and becoming a U.S. citizen in 2009. He competed for the U.S. in the 2012 London and 2016 Rio games. Milev also is a six-time World Championship competitor, earning the silver medal in 1994. Milev began the sport of pistol as a hobby, going with friends to the shooting range. He began intercollegiate competition, eventually working toward qualifying for the World Championship and Olympics.“I felt hungry for the competitiveness, and started practicing harder, reading books and learning more about the sport,” Milev said. “Never in high school did I think I would be at six Olympic games and even receiving a medal. I just love it so much. I never dreamed it would be my life, but it slowly turned out to be that way. It’s very rewarding.”A main goal of Milev’s is to have the program focus more to the Olympic-styled events he knows best.“The [National Rifle Association] is making a few changes in their competitive events, but right now only three collegiate events pistol shooters participate in are Olympic,” Milev said. “I would like to see the program go in this direction, and eventually see athletes coming here to contribute to our team along with our athletes competing and winning in international matches in the years to come.”Pistol has multiple events in the men’s and women’s divisions, depending on the size of the gun used and the distance from the target. The type of competitions also vary in how fast the shooter must get the shots off. Most of the sport, as described by Milev, is a balance between controlling the fine-tuned machine to work with the shooter and the mental focus needed to be successful.“To truly appreciate pistol, you have to try it,” Milev said. “Even just learning more about it, asking our athletes about what they do and how they must train, people will understand this is truly a sport.”Sophomore Anthony McCollum, who earned the silver medal in last year’s national open-air competition, said Milev has already made an impact on the Buckeyes, though he was hired less than three weeks ago. The team competes on October 27-28 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where it will face Army, Coast Guard, North Dakota State and Utah to begin the season. “We ask for the Ohio State community to celebrate with us, there’s a lot of talent on this team and you can expect lots of wins this year,” Milev said.
Dutch winger Memphis Depay has hit out against media outlets for misquoting him in saying that he’s keen on a transfer to a big European club.Following a failed spell at Manchester United, Depay has re-established himself as one of Europe’s most promising youngsters following an impressive two years at French side Lyon.But the Netherlands international was quoted in an interview with Dutch magazine Helden saying that he wants to move to one of the best clubs in Europe in either “Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain or Bayern Munich”.These comments prompted Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas to retort that Depay is welcome to leave and that it would suit him well.However, Depay has now taken to social media to announce his words were misquoted and added that the interview was done two months ago.“It’s really sad that other people, blogs and websites change my words just to put people against me!” Depay wrote on Twitter.“The real ones know. I would never say anything bad about Lyon, they are the club that gave me the opportunity when I needed it!La Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…“The blogs and several websites just take a short quote out a big interview I did with Helden Magazine 2 MONTHS AGO! and make it look bad so and change my words, but once again if you been [sic] in this football industry for a while you will know.“I really like Lyon and people see me in the streets all the time! I also mentioned that Lyon play better football then most of the clubs with big names!“So before you try to call me names or attack me, make sure you get your facts straight instead of running with the rumours.”Depay has managed six goals and 13 assists in 29 appearances for Lyon across all competitions this season.I really like Lyon and People see me in the streets all the time! I also mentioned that @OL play better football then most of the clubs with big names! So before you try to call me names or attack me make sure you get your facts straight instead of running with the rumors #Ivory pic.twitter.com/sF9XQZlek6— Memphis (@Memphis) January 30, 2019
Jean-Michel Aulas revealed he’s been dreaming of signing Olivier Giroud for a long time now and hopes to make it a reality at the end of the season.The French striker has found regular opportunities hard to come by in London for the past couple of seasons at Arsenal and Chelsea.Giroud has only made six starts in his 12 Premier League appearances this season and recently confessed in an interview that Gonzalo Higuain’s arrival leaves his Chelsea future in doubt.Now Lyon president Aulas has come forward and revealed his great interest in bringing back Giroud to his native France after spending the last six and a half years in London.The 69-year-old added that he had initially attempted to sign Giroud at the end of France’s triumphant 2018 World Cup victory in Russia.“I had dreamed of having him come [last year] and I had even called Arsene Wenger for more information,” Aulas told Le Figaro. “Gerard Houllier knows him well, too.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“We had discussed it when I was in Moscow with the France team during the World Cup. Things could not be done, though.“Now we have a front line that is very well supplied. If someone leaves, [Giroud] could interest us, especially since he has a different profile to our other players.“[At the end of the season] Giroud will interest me. It seems a little bit soon now. We will not stack the attackers, especially since we have a real team.“We will have to see the coach who will be at the end of the season, but I like the boy. He’s a good person.”In total, Giroud has managed five goals and assists in 27 appearances for Chelsea across all competitions this season.The 32-year-old’s fellow striker Alvaro Morata left Chelsea this week in favour of a return to Atletico Madrid on loan after falling of favour under coach Maurizio Sarri.