West Tyrone MLA says quarry owner had taken measures to secure site in the…

first_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ By News Highland – May 30, 2012 Twitter News Facebook Google+ Twitter West Tyrone MLA says quarry owner had taken measures to secure site in the past WhatsApp Pinterest A West Tyrone MLA has called on all young people to stay away from quarries and reservoirs during the Summer months.A teenager tragically drowned in a flooded disused quarry in Strabane this week, his body was recovered by divers yesterday.17-year-old Rhys Jacks remains will be coming home this after and he will be laid to rest later in the week.Sinn Fein Assembly member Michaela Boyle says measures had been taken by the quarry owner in the past to close it off.But the area is so large, it’s almost impossible to keep it secure……..center_img Previous articlePearse Doherty TD loses High Court challengeNext articleGAA – Tyrone’s Cavanagh To Miss Entire Championship News Highland WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Pinterest Facebooklast_img read more