Zagreb and Dubrovnik included in the Michelin guide – Main Cities of Europe 2019

first_imgGreat news for the tourism and gastronomy sector comes to us from one of the most important restaurant guides in the world – the Michelin guide. The new MICHELIN guide offers restaurants and hotels in 38 European cities. “Anonymous trained inspectors visit and select restaurants applying Michelin’s famous food rating system and use a similar process for hotels. Passengers can feel confident relying on Michelin because only the best make a difference”Point out from Michelin in the description. Zagreb restaurants Noel, Apetit City, Zinfandel’s, Takenoko, Mano, Dubravkin put, Boban, Mundoaka, Bistro apetit by Marin Rendić, Agava, Gallo and Le Bistro Esplanade are in the prestigious company of the selection of MICHELIN’s gastro guide for 2018, and Michelin stars deserved restaurants Pelegrini from Šibenik, 360º from Dubrovnik and Monte from Rovinj. RELATED NEWS: MICHELIN AWARDS AWARDED TO CROATIAN RESTAURANTScenter_img There are currently 62 restaurants in Croatia with Micehlin plates or stars. Namely, this year in the printed edition of the Michelin Guide Main Cities of Europe 2019: Restaurants & Hotels three new cities have been added, Zagreb and Dubrovnik from Croatia and Revjavik from Iceland.last_img read more

First Lady Frances Wolf Visits Elmwood Academy During School Breakfast Week, Highlights Wolf Administration Commitment to Investing in Education

first_img March 06, 2019 Education,  First Lady Frances Wolf,  Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Today, First Lady Frances Wolf joined Feeding Pennsylvania and the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank for a visit to Mechanicsburg Area School District’s Elmwood Academy as part of National School Breakfast Week. During her visit, the First Lady highlighted Governor Wolf’s ongoing commitment to investing in education at all levels – including ensuring that every child in the commonwealth has access to a healthy breakfast to start their day.“Ask any teacher and they will tell you that food is a basic school supply – just like books, just like pencils,” said First Lady Frances Wolf. “If kids don’t have a full stomach, they simply cannot do their best in school. Yet today, one in six Pennsylvania children struggle with hunger. That’s why we started the Pennsylvania School Breakfast initiative last year to help more schools, like Elmwood Academy, expand access to breakfast programs that work.”“Our greatest resource as Pennsylvanians is our students – and schools like Elmwood that prepare them to be our future leaders. We must ensure that we give them the tools they need to succeed – and that includes a healthy breakfast every morning.”Governor Wolf proposed the School Breakfast Initiative as part of his 2017-18 budget to help more children start their day with a healthy meal. Last year the Department of Education announced an inaugural round of grants to help 200 Pennsylvania schools make breakfast available and accessible to all students. As part of that initiative, Elmwood Academy received $4,955 in School Breakfast funding which enabled the school to purchase a “grab-n-go” breakfast cart to encourage more students to participate in breakfast. Mechanicsburg Area High School also received a $4,979 School Breakfast grant, which has helped to increased their breakfast participation by 50 percent.“I would like to thank First Lady Frances Wolf and Governor Tom Wolf for their commitment to ensuring that no child goes hungry,” said Mechanicsburg Area School District Superintendent Dr. Mark Leidy. “Through their advocacy and investment, we have seen a dramatic increase in the number of students starting their day with a healthy breakfast at our high school – and with the First Lady’s support we are hoping to increase participation here at Elmwood Academy as well.”The First Lady was joined at Elmwood Academy by food security advocates and school nutrition experts from Feeding Pennsylvania and the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.“Feeding Pennsylvania and our member food banks are working every day to ensure that no child in our state goes hungry,” said Jane Clements-Smith, Executive Director, Feeding Pennsylvania. “Nutrition is essential for learning and students who are hungry will not be able to concentrate and thus not be able to learn to their fullest potential. Hear the Pennsylvania Crunch! is a great way to get schools involved in the breakfast program and helps to spread awareness for the 1 in 6 children in our state who are at risk of hunger.”Hear the Pennsylvania Crunch! is organized by Feeding Pennsylvania to spread the message that every child in Pennsylvania should have access to a healthy school breakfast. Research shows that eating breakfast helps children concentrate and learn while in school. Students who eat school breakfast perform better on tests, have better health, and are less likely to be absent from school. School breakfast is a critical support for struggling families trying to stretch limited resources and provides children a significant portion of the nutrition they need to learn and be healthy.The School Breakfast initiative is another example of Governor Wolf’s continued commitment to ensuring that Pennsylvania has the best public school system and workforce in the nation. His 2019-20 state budget proposal builds on the success of PAsmart to create opportunities for Pennsylvanians from birth to retirement. The governor’s Statewide Workforce, Education, and Accountability Program (SWEAP) expands access to early childhood education, increases investments in schools, and partners with the private sector to build on the PAsmart initiative.The governor also created the Keystone Economic Development and Workforce Command Center to expand the collaboration between government and the private sector to address the skills gap and worker shortages. The departments of Community and Economic Development, Labor and Industry, and State will work with external leaders from the Chamber of Business and Industry, AFL-CIO and Team Pennsylvania to build the strongest workforce in the nation. First Lady Frances Wolf Visits Elmwood Academy During School Breakfast Week, Highlights Wolf Administration Commitment to Investing in Educationcenter_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

JUST IN: ‘We remain committed to anti-doping’ … JAAA explains IAAF ‘no vote’

first_imgThe Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) has moved to assure that its decision not to vote on constitutional changes at the recent IAAF Special Congress in Monaco does not suggest any discord in it’s solidarity with the fight against doping in the sport. In a release issued late Friday night, the JAAA pointed to what it described as an unprecedented requisite for member federations to vote en masse on 15 proposals, which were to be implemented across two constitutions and executed at the beginning of the years 2017 and 2019. The release, which was signed by General Secretary Garth Gayle, outlines that there was no opportunity to examine individual points and that the JAAA would have preferred further discussions on five particular proposals included in the 15–point plan put forward by the IAAF at the Congress. Among the Jamaican authority’s grouses is the decision to alter the composition of the Council to reflect gender balance. The JAAA contends that this decision was taken by a small group of individuals and needed further discussion at the Congress level. The JAAA also argues that the current age limit of 70 years old, which was agreed in the 2015 constitution, was removed without any discussion at Congress, and also noted their discontent that committees would no longer be elected by Congress but would instead be appointed under the new plan. Other issues raised by the JAAA include term limits. “Term limits were already agreed to and included in the 2015 constitution. In this new document, the three-term maximum period is still included, but would no longer apply to the existing council members who could serve until 2027 if re-elected. Some of these members have already served four terms,” read the JAAA’s response. The organisation also argues that the Council’s Executive Board would be drastically changed without full discussion among member federations. It is against these issues and the fact that they could not vote on individual points that the JAAA says it decided to not cast a vote at all. “First and foremost, the member countries were not asked to vote on any one issue. There was a list of 15 different proposals contained in two constitutions which Congress was asked to ‘Rubber Stamp’ (vote for without amendment). This in itself was unprecedented. We know of no other time in the 104-year history of the IAAF that federations had to vote for a series of proposals as a unit. We would have preferred for items to be separated, discussed and voted on individually,” read the JAAA statement. “The JAAA is also keen to point out that at no point were we against any changes that would see tighter restrictions against drug cheats. Our president Dr Warren Blake’s introduction to the JAAA executive was as a drug tester and the Federation has always opposed doping in sports and have consistently fought to eliminate doping in sport,” the release added. The IAAF was forced into change on the back of the uncovering of a massive doping and corruption scandal that rocked the international body. New IAAF president Sebastian Coe, who replaced Lamine Diack, who is at the centre of the scandal, has  led a charge to clean up the sport and return its credibility. At the base of that effort is a 15-point plan that included anti-doping, regulation and administrative changes that is hoped will lift the sport. Coe’s proposals were overwhelmingly welcomed with 95 per cent of the member federations voting in favour of a constitutional reform at the Congress, which took place on December 3.last_img read more