No resolution following meeting between Church and parents in Pomeroy

first_img WhatsApp Newsx Adverts WhatsApp Twitter NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Pinterest Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Previous articleFlybe ends City of Derry routeNext articleArrest warrant issued for rape accused News Highland Facebook Facebook Help sought in search for missing 27 year old in Letterkenny Google+center_img 448 new cases of Covid 19 reported today The Catholic Church is describing as “inconclusive”, a meeting in Pomeroy last night.The meeting, involving parents and representatives of the Archdiocese of Armagh, discussed an incident involving a local priest last month.The meeting was called after indecent images were projected onto a screen during a power-point presentation that Father McVeigh was giving at a meeting for parents in preparation for First Holy Communion.Father Martin McVeigh – who was granted temporary leave by Cardinal Seán Brady at his own request – said he had no knowledge of the images.It’s understood that the PSNI has indicated no crime was committed.An initial report from the church told the parents that Fr Mc Veigh had been exonerated, and would continue in office. However, that was not accepted.A statement from the Catholic Church says a further meeting will be held at a later date. By News Highland – April 21, 2012 Google+ Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Twitter No resolution following meeting between Church and parents in Pomeroy Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson last_img read more

Plan to be submitted for Peace 3 projects in Donegal

first_img Plan to be submitted for Peace 3 projects in Donegal Google+ By News Highland – August 26, 2010 PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Twitter WhatsApp The Donegal Peace Partnership Committee is putting the final touches to its Peace 3 spending plan, which will be submitted to the Special European Union Programmes Body next month.The draft has already been given to Pobail which acts as a go-between between the councils and the EU, and it has made a number of observations which are currently being acted on.Partnership Chairperson Cllr Dessie Larkin says it’s important that any potential issues are identified now, before the plan is submitted to the SEUPB.He’s confident the plan that goes forward next month will be an effective one……[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dessi.mp3[/podcast] Previous articleCycling – Deignan Confirmed For SpainNext articleImpact claims last minute HSE changes have scuppered Letterkenny talks News Highland HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Newsx Adverts Twitter Pinterestcenter_img Pinterest Facebook WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Facebook Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+last_img read more

Funeral to take place of fisherman Edward Doherty

first_imgNews WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Previous articleMinister says specualtion of Donegal Hospice closure ‘without foundation’Next articleGovernment to move Donegal South West by-election writ News Highland Facebook Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Google+center_img Funeral to take place of fisherman Edward Doherty WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – November 4, 2010 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Pinterest Donegal fisherman Edward Doherty, who lost his life at sea will be laid to rest today.65 year old Mr Doherty from Glengad died when his vessel capsized off Glengad head on Monday morning.His funeral will take place in Malin at midday.Meanwhile, the search for Edward’s nephew – 41 year old Robert McLaughlin – was called off due to poor weather conditions last night and is due to resume later this morning. Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North last_img read more

25 people awaiting admission to Letterkenny University Hospital

first_imgHomepage BannerNews Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest 25 people awaiting admission to Letterkenny University Hospital Facebook There were 25 people awaiting admission to Letterkenny University Hospital this morning. According to the latest figures from the INMO 16 people were on trolleys in its Emergency Department while a further 9 were waiting in wards or overflow areas.Nationally there were 451 people waiting to be admitted to hospitals across the country today with South Tipperary Hospital being the most overcrowded – 39 people awaiting admission there. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleChildhood sexual abuse victim bankrupts abuserNext articleNew extension for Glencovitt National School in Ballybofey admin Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Twitter By admin – December 6, 2016 center_img Pinterest Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApplast_img read more

Derry Judge criticises failure to provide secure beds for young people

first_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Derry Magistrates CourtA District Judge in Derry has said that the judiciary has been telling the health trusts ‘for ages’ that they were not building a big enough facility to provide secure beds for young people but had not been listened to.The comments by District judge Barney McElholm came during a bail application by a youth charged with attempted rape and sexual assault of a girl in the Creggan area of Derry on March 18.The youth is also charged with the false imprisonment of the girl, threatening to kill her and assaulting her all on the same date.During the bail application a solicitor for the youth, Ms Elaine Kirk, said her client would stay with a relative and abide by any conditions imposed by the court.Judge McElholm asked how far was it between this address and where the girl went to school and was told that it was about half a mile. He said he was concerned about the girl meeting the youth, adding she has every right to expect that the court would protect her from any potential risk.Judge McElholm said he did not want the youth to spend any longer in custody than he had to but that something else would have to be found.He said the trusts had been told they were not building big enough facilities to provide secure accommodation but had not listened. The trusts should be doing everything in their power to obtain secure accommodation he said, adding “it is quite disgraceful there are never enough secure beds.”He adjourned the bail application to see if an alternative acceptable address could be found.The youth will appear again on April 24. Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Facebook Previous articleHarkin says Hogan must pull back on plan to limit Leader companies’ independenceNext articleUpdate – “Crude but viable” device made safe in Derry News Highland WhatsApp 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Pinterest Derry Judge criticises failure to provide secure beds for young peoplecenter_img Twitter Google+ Twitter WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – April 11, 2014 News Pinterest Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

“Tanaiste is neglecting Donegal South West” – Doherty

first_img Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Google+ Pinterest News WhatsApp 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Previous articleWater supply update – WednesdayNext articleFinn Valley College construction should begin shortly News Highland Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsAppcenter_img Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Donegal Senator Pearse Doherty has accused the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Mary Coughlan of neglecting her own constituency.Senator Doherty says figures provided by her own department show that of the 1,740 site visits hosted by the IDA since 2003, only 41 were made to Donegal.Last year, there were three, all of which were in Letterkenny.Ms Coughlan has described  Senator Doherty’s statement as a most bizarre assertion.In a statement issued today, she says Senator Doherty is electioneering, and that the IDA supports more than 1,600 jobs in 12 different companies across a range of sectors in County Donegal Facebook Google+ Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire “Tanaiste is neglecting Donegal South West” – Doherty By News Highland – January 21, 2010 Twitterlast_img read more

West Tyrone MLA says quarry owner had taken measures to secure site in the…

first_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ By News Highland – May 30, 2012 Twitter News Facebook Google+ Twitter West Tyrone MLA says quarry owner had taken measures to secure site in the past WhatsApp Pinterest A West Tyrone MLA has called on all young people to stay away from quarries and reservoirs during the Summer months.A teenager tragically drowned in a flooded disused quarry in Strabane this week, his body was recovered by divers yesterday.17-year-old Rhys Jacks remains will be coming home this after and he will be laid to rest later in the week.Sinn Fein Assembly member Michaela Boyle says measures had been taken by the quarry owner in the past to close it off.But the area is so large, it’s almost impossible to keep it secure……..center_img Previous articlePearse Doherty TD loses High Court challengeNext articleGAA – Tyrone’s Cavanagh To Miss Entire Championship News Highland WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Pinterest Facebooklast_img read more

Martin Mc Guinness hit out at attacks on SF politicians in Derry

first_imgHomepage BannerNews Facebook Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Twitter 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Martin Mc Guinness hit out at attacks on SF politicians in Derry Previous articleWater Meters removed by contractors after West Donegal standoffNext articleHSE to subsidise Dublin flights for Donegal children with life limiting illnesses admin Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twitter Pinterestcenter_img Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp The North’s Deputy First Minister says attacks on Sinn Fein representatives are futile, and will not deflect the party from its work, or from its support of the peace process.Martin Mc Guinness was speaking in Derry this morning following the latest incidents, which involved attacks on cars belinging to Cllrs Colly Kelly and Sandra Duffy.Mr Mc Guinness says these are not just attacks on politicians, they are also attacks on their families……..Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mcguinness.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook By admin – May 6, 2015 Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Brogan claims minister offered no practical support to LGH during recent visit

first_img Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North By News Highland – October 9, 2015 WhatsApp Previous articleHarkin says new laws regulating Credit Unions should not be enactedNext articleScottish nurse with Donegal connections being treated for “ebola complications” News Highland Pinterest Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twittercenter_img Homepage BannerNews WhatsApp Google+ Twitter The Chairperson of Donegal County Council has hit out at Health Minister Leo Varadkar, saying the minister did nothing to support Letterkenny General Hospital during his visit to the facility.Cllr Ciaran Brogan, who also sits on the HSE West Regional Forum, said the Minister’s only contribution was to point out that the hospital was 10% over budget, without offering anything to address inadequate resources or tackle hospital waiting times.Cllr Brogan says this is unacceptable, and following yesterday’s damning HIQA report, it’s now time to give staff the resources they need……Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ciaranleo.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Brogan claims minister offered no practical support to LGH during recent visit Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebooklast_img read more

Donegal gardai will focus on seat belt compliance over May holiday weekend

first_img Twitter WhatsApp 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Previous articleDonegal beaches pass EPA inspections, but some e-coli found in RathmullanNext articleGum Litter Taskforce to be launched in Letterkenny News Highland WhatsApp Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Gardaí in Donegal are calling on motorists to drive safely over the Bank Holiday weekend.So far two people have been killed on Donegal roads so far this year, that’s a 50% increase on the same period last year.Nationally, 13 more people lost their lives on Irish roads in the first four months of 2013.Head of the Garda Traffic Corps, Inspector, Michael Harrsion says there’s a particular focus this weekend on the wearing of seatbelts….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/03harris1.mp3[/podcast] News Facebook Twitter Facebookcenter_img Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Pinterest Google+ Donegal gardai will focus on seat belt compliance over May holiday weekend RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest By News Highland – May 3, 2013 last_img read more