With Leivaha Pulu forced to the sidelines after sustaining a foot injury in last weeks first loss of the season to the Broncos, Mannering will take Pulu’s place on the left edge.Filling Mannering’s spot on the interchange is front rower Albert Vete who is yet to play a first grade game this season.Warriors centre Solomone Kata was seen carried off the field last week with ankle trouble but has been named to start pending a fitness test.Warriors: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, David Fusitu’a, Peta Hiku, Solomone Kata, Ken Maumalo, Blake Green, Shaun Johnson, Bunty Afoa, Issac Luke, Agnatius Paasi, Simon Mannering, Tohu Harros, Adam Blair.Interchange: Jazz Tevaga, Sam Lisone, Albert Vete, Anthony Gelling, Chris Satae, Mason Lino, Isaiah Papali’i, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.
The RFEF, LaLiga and both clubs have confirmed this measure The Basque Government has already advised not to play for the presence of furan and dioxins Photo: Reuters “Being in contact with LaLiga, the RFEF and the clubs involved, the Competition Committee, and on the recommendation of the Basque Government, has decided to suspend the Eibar-RealSociety,” said the league body on Saturday, from its official Twitter profile.Likewise, both clubs and also the Federation have communicated it from their social networks, in reaction to the advice given on the eve by the Department of Health of the Basque Executive. Thus, he had requested that this encounter and any other outdoor sport not be disputed; all this, due to the presence of furan and dioxins as a result of the fire at the top of the Zaldibar landfill (Vizcaya).According to the Deputy Minister of Health of the Basque Government, Iñaki Berraondo, the presence in the air of furan and dioxins had reached amounts between 40 and 50 times above normal. Although these measures do not pose an imminent health risk, they can be damaged when there are continued and prolonged exposures over time. The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga have confirmed the postponement of the match between SD Eibar and Real Sociedad, corresponding to the 24th day of LaLiga Santander and scheduled for this Sunday at 4:00 pm, due to bad air conditions around of the Municipal Stadium of Ipurua.
JAMAICA’S junior athletes who will start competition at the XVIII Junior Pan Am Championships tomorrow have reportedly settled well at their base at the Lister Centre on the campus of the University of Alberta.The Jamaican team, which comprised 36 athletes (20 males and 16 females) had attended three training sessions since their arrival late Monday night.Head coach Michael Carr was very upbeat while speaking to The Gleaner yesterday and was looking forward to the start of competition.”So far, so good, (there are) no injury concerns and the team is in good spirit,” said Carr.Close to venueThe coach added that they are staying some ten minutes away from the athletic venue.”Where we are staying is in close proximity to the site of the meet. The training venue will be the same venue where the meet will be held. This is a big plus for us as it takes us around ten minutes to reach there … we are taking advantage of this,” continued Carr. “The team is in high spirits and we are hoping that when it matters most, they will deliver.”Carr, who was at the helm when Jamaica topped the world two years ago at the World Youth Championships in Donetsk, Ukraine, is very pleased with the support given so far by the organisers.”The organisers have been very supportive so far; when we ask for help in any area, they are willing to help us,” said Carr.The country will be hoping to better its medal haul of two years ago when two silver medals were garnered in Medellin, Columbia. Christoffe Bryan finished second in the Boys’ High Jump, while it was also second for the Boys’ 4x100m relay quartet of Odail Todd, Antonio Henry, Jevaughn Minzie and Jahzeel Murphy.It was at the same meet where two of today’s top young international talents had early success as Zharnel Hughes captured the Boy’s 100 metres, defeating Canada’s Andre De Grasse, who finished second for silver. De Grasse also picked up bronze in the 200 metres after finishing third.
Financial institutions will face new capital requirements to keep pace with the growing risk of the real estate markets they bankroll, and Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation will change the fees it charges issuers of mortgage-backed securities.The government sees its role in housing as setting and maintaining a framework that is equitable, stable and vulnerable, and addressing Bank of Canada concerns that too many Canadians risk becoming over-extended, especially if and when, interest rates begin to rise. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — It’s billed as a move to cool off the booming real estate markets in the Countries biggest cities, but it is also expected to have an impact in Fort St. John.The new Trudeau government is increasing the amount home buyers must put up front as a down payment on houses over $500,000.Roland Cataford of Century 21 is a Director with the BC Northern Real Estate Board, and he talked to us about the local market impact of the government initiative.- Advertisement -According to the government, this will impact one percent or less of the market, but locally, according to 2015 statistics, the percentage of homes over $500,000 sold in Fort St. John is much higher than that.In the last twelve months, the number of residential detached houses sold in this city under $500,000 dollars was 253, while the number over $500,000 was 72 — or 22 per cent of the sales total of 325.The stiffer down payment requirement is one of three new measures targeting housing market stability.Advertisement
“It is always difficult to see someone speaking under coercion and under these circumstances,” Bergenheim, said in a printed statement. “We remain in constant contact with Jill’s family and are still doing everything possible to obtain Jill’s release.” A producer at Al-Jazeera said the station had not received any letters with the videos it aired. On Jan. 30, Al-Jazeera showed Carroll, veiled and weeping, and reported that she appealed for the release of female Iraqi prisoners. The first videotape of Carroll was aired Jan. 17 by Al-Jazeera, which said her abductors gave the United States 72 hours to free female prisoners in Iraq or she would be killed. Earlier Thursday, an Iraqi deputy justice minister said U.S. forces are expected to release about 450 male Iraqi detainees Feb. 16. None of the four or five women believed to be in custody is expected to be freed, Busho Ibrahim Ali told the AP. Armed men abducted Carroll on Jan. 7 in western Baghdad. Responsibility was claimed by a previously unknown group that called itself “Revenge Brigades.” Carroll was among five foreigners – including two Germans and two Kenyan engineers – kidnapped in Iraq last month. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! BAGHDAD, Iraq – Kidnapped American journalist Jill Carroll appeared in a video aired Thursday on a private Kuwaiti TV station, appealing in a calm, composed voice for her supporters to do whatever it takes to win her release “as quickly as possible.” Carroll, wearing traditional Arab attire, said the date was Feb. 2, nearly a month after she was seized in Baghdad by armed men who killed her Iraqi translator. She was shown sitting on a chair in front of a wall with a large floral design. The 28-year-old freelance reporter for The Christian Science Monitor said she had sent one letter and was sending another to “prove I am with the mujahedeen.” “I sent you a letter written by my hand, but you wanted more evidence,” she said. “I am here. I am fine. Please just do whatever they want, give them whatever they want as quickly as possible. There is a very short time. Please do it fast. That’s all.” AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card The 22-second video was carried by Al Rai TV, a private Kuwaiti channel, and included audio, unlike two previous videos of Carroll that were broadcast by Al-Jazeera television. The tape was aired in its entirety after being delivered earlier Thursday to Al Rai’s Baghdad office, Hani al-Srougi, an editor at the station’s headquarters in Kuwait, told The Associated Press. It was accompanied by a letter written by Carroll. The newscaster said on the air that the station would hand the letter over to authorities, but he would not disclose the letter’s content. Tania Anderson, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, said: “I assume that Al Rai has given the material they received to the Kuwaiti authorities, who I am confident will take the appropriate action at the earliest possible time. The embassy customarily works closely with our contacts with the Kuwaiti government and will seek their cooperation on this matter as well.” The Christian Science Monitor was seeking more information about the letter, said its editor, Richard Bergenheim.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant Chick criticized the district’s previous audits for not focusing on improving education, noting that about 70 percent focused on general administrative issues such as petty cash, budget analysis and contract reviews. She also said it is unclear how the district has used the information provided by the audits, analyses and reviews to effect positive change. Chick reiterated her offer to conduct an audit that she believes will cost between $800,000 and $1 million, and said her audit would provide a more concise and comprehensive review with recommendations that would measure results. School Superintendent Roy Romer and members of the Los Angeles Board of Education had scheduled a press conference later today to respond to Chick’s findings. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Los Angeles Unified School District shows a “a disturbing lack of transparency and accountability,” City Controller Laura Chick said today after reviewing more than 1,000 district audits, reports and studies. Chick, whose offer in December to audit the district was rebuffed, said that while LAUSD management has been subject to hundreds of reviews it appears to lack a clear, overall picture of what has been reviewed, where the problems are, and what areas may need additional attention. “The most important question is, what has the school district done with all these hundreds of reports?” she said. Chick’s findings come as Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has pushed for a change in how the school system is governed, putting it under mayoral control.
Ajax star Abdelhak Nouri 1 Ajax’s pre-season friendly against Werder Bremen was abandoned after Abdelhak Nouri required emergency ambulance treatment on the field.The Ajax midfielder, just 20, collapsed with around 20 minutes remaining in the game in Austria and there was immediate concern for his condition.An ambulance and even a helicopter were called onto the pitch while the ground was cleared, though Nouri was eventually airlifted to hospital in what Ajax described as a “stable” condition.A series of tweets from Ajax’s official account read: “Alarm on and around the field. There is something going on with Abdelhak Nouri. But it’s not clear what.“An ambulance is coming onto the field. It looks serious, we hope soon for more info on Abdelhak Nouri.“Emergency services are still with Nouri, players look worried. It is serious, we will let you know immediately if there is more clarity.“Meanwhile a trauma helicopter landed on the field. People are asked to leave the stadium.”Nouri reportedly received CPR on the field before leaving in the helicopter.Around 15 minutes after the news first broke, Ajax tweeted: “Update | Nouri had heart arrhythmias. He is stable, has a heartbeat and is asleep. He is going in the helicopter to hospital. Thanks so much for all your support.”Nouri made 15 appearances for Ajax’s first team last season, including three in the Europa League, and scored on his senior debut in a 5-0 win over Willem II in the KNVB-Beker.Bremen led 2-1 when the friendly in Zillertal was abandoned, though the scoreline was instantly overshadowed by Nouri’s condition.
Well-known Ballybofey boxer Eunan Devenney has officially punched himself into the Guinness Book of Records.In May last year, ex-pro boxer Eunan smacked a punchbag for two days non-stop.He had to hit the punch bag every two seconds to qualify for the exhausting record attempt. He hit the bag so hard for so long that his two big toenails fell off!HSE worker Eunan, 44, said he was delighted to finally get his certificate.As well as being an avid boxer himself, Eunan gives huge amounts of his own time to coach many young boxers at Town Towns Boxing Club. EUNAN HAS GUINNESS RECORD IN THE (PUNCH) BAG! was last modified: June 26th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BOXEREunan DevenneyTwin Towns Boxing Club