Family living at its best up for grabs in Fairfield

first_imgThe home at 127 Victoria St, Fairfield.AFTER two decades — and a complete renovation — this Fairfield home with dual living and pool is back on the market. Owners Derek and Susan Sanderson bought the property at 127 Victoria St 19 years ago. “Today the house doesn’t look at all like it did when we bought it,” Mrs Sanderson said. “We added another bedroom and ensuite, updated the kitchen, built in the back deck, painted the house and put a fence in. The home at 127 Victoria St, Fairfield.Set on a 733sq m block, the home retains original post-war features upstairs, including high ceilings, timber floorboards and feature cornices. The open-plan living, dining and kitchen area opens to the landing and enclosed veranda, and there is a family bathroom.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020The kitchen has an island bench, pendant lighting and stainless steel appliances. The home at 127 Victoria St, Fairfield.The master bedroom has a built-in robe and ensuite, and the two other upstairs bedrooms have built-in robes. Downstairs there is a second living area and kitchen, a fourth bedroom and a study.The living area opens to the paved poolside entertaining area and there is a laundry, bathroom and toilet. Mrs Sanderson said the home would be perfect for buyers searching for dual living. center_img The home at 127 Victoria St, Fairfield.“We’ve had au pairs over the years, so that’s what we used that extra area for, but the home would also suit an extended family,” she said.Mrs Sanderson said she was sad to be saying goodbye to the home but the time had come for her family to move on. “My babies were born there and now they’re teenagers so I’ll miss all those memories,” she said. “I’ll also miss the community. We’ve lived here such a long time and it’s such a lovely community.”last_img read more

Male Coton de Tulear-Lost

first_imgSmall breed male Coton de Tulear named Desi-Lost. Disappeared out of Oldenburg on March 25th and was last seen running down State Hwy. 229 by Children’s Dental. Mostly black with some white. May have been picked up by a man in a white sedan. Wearing a green collar. He has also been sighted on East Pocket Road in Batesville.Call 212-8405 for details.last_img

Ospreys stunned by Connacht

first_img The Ospreys had won the last nine contests between the teams but they faltered at the Sportsground, allowing 17-point hero Dan Parks to dictate. They traded tries in the first quarter, Kahn Fotuali’i striking first for the Ospreys before Willie Faloon replied with his maiden effort in Connacht colours. Parks slotted two of his three penalty attempts to move Eric Elwood’s men 13-7 ahead at half-time. Matthew Morgan slotted a 69th-minute penalty, but Parks rubber-stamped the home victory with two second-half penalties and a late drop goal. Connacht claimed the scalp of the in-form Ospreys as they beat the reigning RaboDirect Pro12 champions 22-10 for the first time since 2008. Press Associationlast_img

Chamakh fires Palace to victory

first_img Noble chipped the resulting free-kick over the Palace wall, a move straight off the training ground, but Nolan scuffed his volley on the turn straight at Julian Speroni. West Ham’s best chance fell to Mo Diame, who should have done better when he met a curling cross from Stewart Downing only to head over the top. That miss looked even more costly moments later when Palace took the lead. Barry Bannan’s initial corner was blocked but, when the ball came back out to him, the Scotland midfielder whipped in a second cross which was glanced home by the now unmarked Chamakh. Pulis could clearly sniff blood because Palace came out for the second half looking to kill West Ham off. The visitors were caught out by Jedinak’s lofted pass which sent Cameron Jerome through, and he fed Chamakh who in turn found Puncheon, whose shot was saved at full stretch by Jaaskelainen. Another Bannan cross was headed narrowly over by Kagisho Dikgacoi and Jaaskelainen spread himself well to deny Jerome after he raced through one-on-one. West Ham did have the ball in the net after 65 minutes when Downing lashed in a low volley, but James Tomkins had already been penalised for a foul in the area. The same fate befell Palace sub Jimmy Kebe moments later when he tucked in Jedinak’s cut-back, the midfielder having been flagged offside. West Ham pressed for an equaliser late on but Morrison and James Collins were off target, while Kebe hooked a stoppage-time chance over for Palace. Morrison’s frustration boiled over at the final whistle as he earned a booking for shoving Joel Ward in the face, while Pulis and Palace celebrated what could be the start of something special. Press Association The much-maligned Moroccan striker’s goal secured a 1-0 victory in Tony Pulis’ first home match in charge of the Eagles and lifted them off the foot of the table. Chamakh had only previously found the net once this season – which was still one goal more than he managed in five months on loan with West Ham last term. Marouane Chamakh breathed new life into Crystal Palace’s survival bid and dragged West Ham back into the Barclays Premier League relegation battle. But his 42nd-minute header earned Palace only their third win of the season, and their first since Pulis officially took over from Ian Holloway. West Ham went into the match knowing victory could have catapulted them into the top half, but instead they are now just three points ahead of a Palace side who looked doomed a few weeks ago. Sam Allardyce’s team, fresh from a 3-0 thumping of Fulham on Saturday, are still yet to string together back-to-back Premier League victories since they were promoted last year, a statistic that could yet cost them dearly this term. Palace received a boost 24 hours earlier when captain Mile Jedinak signed a new long-term contract, and the midfielder showed throughout why he is central to their chances of beating the drop. Tough in the tackle and uncomplicated on the ball, the Australia international also has a trick or two up his sleeve and one fine piece of skill saw him spin away from Kevin Nolan and Mark Noble before finding Jason Puncheon. Unfortunately for Palace, Puncheon’s shot did not match the build-up and was comfortably dealt with by Hammers goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen. Yet from then on it was West Ham who looked the team likelier to break the deadlock in the first half. England Under-21 starlet Ravel Morrison tried his best to unsettle the Palace defence on the rare occasions he escaped Jedinak’s clutches and one powerful run drew a foul from Damien Delaney, who was shown a yellow card. last_img read more