Two undefeated teams tipped off at the Galen Center on Sunday: the No. 16 Texas A&M Aggies (5-0) and the No. 10 Trojans (4-0). The matchup was heralded as USC’s biggest non-conference test, a rematch against an Aggies team that returned all its starters from a year ago and added five more scholarship players. Last year, the Trojans won in College Station 65-63 after some last-second De’Anthony Melton heroics. This year, the hero sat out due to eligibility questions (he has yet to play this season), and USC missed him sorely throughout in a 75-59 loss.“It was a little different (without) De’Anthony,” head coach Andy Enfield said. “He played great last year. We just didn’t play as well as they did.”The game was supposed to be a barometer for the two teams, both national championship contenders, but USC, despite being the higher-ranked team, looked like David facing Goliath — if David forgot his slingshot.“I thought our defense was good enough to win,” Enfield said. “Our offense was not.”The Trojans trailed for most of the game, but they managed to square the score at 42 with 14:15 to play in the second half. Then, Texas A&M embarked on a 19-3 run over the next 7:41 that sucked the energy out of the Galen Center. With 8:34 remaining and the Trojans trailing by 16, Enfield called a full timeout. The team initially responded well; junior forward Bennie Boatwright, still scoreless, notched 5 points in under a minute. Then, senior guard Jordan McLaughlin pocketed a 3-pointer to cut the Aggies lead to 10. The score was 63-53 with seven minutes to play with plenty of time for a comeback. But the Trojans could not shoot well enough to overcome another deficit. For the game, USC shot 20-of-71 (28.2 percent) and 7-of-27 (25.9 percent) from 3-point range. Enfield said it was the worst shooting performance a USC team has had in his five years with the program.“It just deflates you,” Enfield said about missing so many shots. “We kept missing easy shots — shots the that we normally make.” McLaughlin, the captain, kept urging his teammates to shoot, but nothing was falling. “We know we have a lot of fight in us,” he said, “(but) it kind of was a little deflating.”Texas A&M’s length interfered with the Trojans’ offense. The Aggies, anchored by reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year center Robert Williams, blocked seven shots and disrupted several more plays at the rim. McLaughlin thought he missed a few floaters he otherwise would have made against a team with shorter players. USC, which has four starters who average double-digit points, is supposed to be built to win these sorts of contests. When one player goes cold, another player is expected to heat up. Against a team with great post-defense, the Trojans are supposed to compensate with more 3-pointer makes. Yet, on Sunday, every starter struggled and the offense was ice cold. Sophomore forward Nick Rakocevic did his best to spark the team off the bench — in 12 minutes in the first half, he had 11 points and six rebounds, but in the second half, he did not score.“Everyone just needs to do their job,” McLaughlin said. “Tonight, Nick did his job.” But, for USC, not enough players did.
The Blast Pro Series will return to Copenhagen’s Royal Arena in November 2018. While CS:GO team Astralis has been confirmed as the first team to join the series.The series has also secured a partnership with TV 2 Denmark to broadcast all BLAST Pro Series events in 2018.CEO and Founder of RFRSH Entertainment, Nikolaj Nyholm, had this to say: “Our goal with BLAST Pro Series is to create the most important and interesting esports tournament from a live perspective, the viewer experience and for everything we create around the events and tournament.”“We are constantly developing the tournament and digital content around it and working with a national broadcaster and digital powerhouse and provider like TV 2 is yet another step in reaching our ambitions to develop and present the best and most engaging esports product out there!”TV 2, a Danish-based subscription channel will host the event on national TV. TV2 Sport, Editor in Chief, Allan Hvid had this to say about the move:”Esport and Counter-Strike is already an established media product, and it is no longer a matter of teaching the viewers or explaining the game to the audience. We strongly believe in the product and the format of BLAST Pro Series, and we will be bringing the Danish audience full coverage on both our Flow TV Channel and digitally. “Talking about how the Pro Series will differ from traditional sports coverage he said: “We’re going to treat the product the same way as any other competitive entertainment and sports; with the same professional standards, respect and level of entertainment as any other major production. We are looking very much forward to including BLAST Pro Series in our portfolio of content and to present esports at it’s best.”Esports Insider Says: BLAST Pro Series clearly feels at home in Copenhagen so it’s great to see it return. The Royal Arena is a great venue for esports and the TV 2 deal will get more esports events into more homes, which is never a bad move.
“Our goal is to make this an annual event so every student who graduates from WHS will have had the opportunity to visit the Federal Reserve Bank, the Truman Library and Museum and the National WW I Museum,” said Rick Phelps, history teacher who has organized the event. “If we are able to collect enough funds we would also like to offer each student the opportunity to visit the Eisenhower Museum, Library and home in Abilene this spring”There are a lot of clubs and organizations that ask for your support and they are all worthy.“We know it is impossible to support them all,” Phelps said. “What makes this unique is that it will benefit all WHS students not just a small group and US History is part of their required education not extra curricular.”Any support a person can give will be greatly appreciated. Please make checks payable to WHS Social Studies Travel Fund. They can be mailed to Wellington High School 1700 E. 16th, Wellington Ks. 67152 c/o Rick Phelps.Â If you have any questions or would like to discuss your contribution please feel free to contact Rick Phelps, WHS Social Studies teacher by e-mail email@example.com or call 620-326-1115. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Wellington U.S. History instructor Rick Phelps, left, gets a donation from Michelle Rausch of Rausch Tires, one of the many downtown businesses who are helping fund the U.S. History trip in November. Chase Easterly and Gracie Defore, WHS seniors who took the trip last year, are helped with the fundraising.Submitted to Sumner Newscow â€” On November 15, 2014 four teachers and 122 students from the Wellington High School Junior U.S. History classes will take a fantastic and very educational field trip to the Kansas City area.Because of the long distance and the 15 hours that the students will be gone, we will use charter busses from the Village Tours Bus Company. Village Tours are giving special rate for the students, $1,866 for a 56 passenger bus plus a fuel surcharge of $56.The group needs two busses with a total cost of $3,844 that breaks down to $30.75 per person.Â The group also will need to pay a $3 entry fee at the National WW I Museum.Â Making our total cost $4,219.Â In the past, WHS students have tried to fund this trip at no cost to the students.Â This year they are asking each student to contribute $10 with the knowledge some will be unable to pay this but they will still take all students if enough donations are collected.Â In the past most donations have ranged from $50 to $500.Â The U.S. History group is still in need of more funds to cover the cost of this trip and is asking to kindly ask for support from the community in this educational endeavor.