Why Nakumatt almost boycotted Chemelil tie

first_imgCapital Sport has learnt that the players felt the management had been getting money behind their backs and the same was not trickling down to them.“It is true they did not want to go into the game because they heard that there is money being given to teams for live TV coverage something that is not true. We had tried to explain to them but they could not believe us. They only agreed to go into the pitch when Ghost (Mulee) came and explained to them,” Nakumatt FC Secretary General Albert Wesonga said.However, head coach Anthony Mwangi speaking after the match had different thoughts and said the team’s struggles were not down to the technical bench or the players but the blame squarely lie on the officials’ hands.“The players had refused to come for the match because there are things happening behind the scenes which are not good and the players are not happy about it. It is not our doing on the pitch but the team’s management which knows what’s happening,” Mwangi said after the match.Mwangi also said the team has not trained since their 1-0 win over Nzoia Sugar on February 17 and have only been meeting during game days.Nakumatt FC head coach Anthony Mwangi watches proceedings during their Kenyan Premier League clash against Chemelil Sugar on Sunday march 11, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“It is not easy because football is about preparation. If you don’t prepare you can’t win. However, I am even impressed with the results we have picked. We won away to Nzoia, then we drew against Sony and Nzoia Sugar,” the tactician further added.Nakumatt have even struggled to pay player salaries and the team has issued an SOS to potential sponsors to bail them out or they will find it difficult finishing up the season.“We are looking for sponsors and the owner has given us the go ahead. He has been helping us with the away matches but not with the luxury that we were used to. It is better than nothing. We have had talks with various potential partners but so far nothing concrete. Hoping soon we can get something,” Wesonga further claimed.Most clubs in the league especially those without stable sponsorship are struggling to stay afloat especially since the exit of broadcast partners SuperSport with clubs having been assured of at least Sh550,000 every month then.Currently, clubs are not earning anything from the broadcast agreement between the Kenyan premier League management and Spanish company MediaPro which has been producing league matches.o, the exit of headline sponsors SportPesa means the clubs do not get a coin from the league managers.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Nakumatt FC players pose for a group photo before their Kenyan Premier League clash against Chemelil Sugar on Sunday March 11, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 11- Albeit going on to lose 4-1, cash-strapped Nakumatt FC were almost dishing away a walk over to Chemelil Sugar FC on Sunday when the players refused to get into the pitch as they felt ‘short-changed’ by the club management.The team sponsored by struggling supermarket chain Nakumatt Holdings only ran out to warm up 25 minutes to kick off after a talking-to from former Harambee Stars head coach, now pundit, Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee.last_img read more

MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TARGETED IN GUN ATTACK ON CHIP-VAN

first_imgA mother and daughter escaped serious injury after their family chip-van was hit with a bullet on Saturday evening.A pellet gun is believed to have been used in the attack.The well-known chip-van located at Newmills, Letterkenny was shot at just before 7.30pm on Saturday night.The van is operated by local couple Sabrina and David Mackey who also live locally. It is understood that Ms Mackey and her young daughter were working in the van at the time of the attack.Letterkenny Town councillor Tom Crossan has slammed the incident.He told Donegal Daily “This is absolutely scandalous and I would appeal to anyone who saw anything to contact Gardai.“If anyone knows this chip-van, there is quite a large hatch at the front. “If this bullet have had went into that hatch and hit one of these people, then there could have been very serious consequences.”The incident has been reported to Gardai who have carried out an examination of the scene.It is understood that the gun used to fire the bullet may have been a high-powered pellet gun.  MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TARGETED IN GUN ATTACK ON CHIP-VAN was last modified: December 9th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:chip-vanCllr Tom CrossanNEWMILLSpellet gunlast_img read more