Chelsea boost: Brazilian star signs contract extension

first_img Ramires Chelsea and Jose Mourinho have received a boost ahead of a potentially critical period, with Ramires signing a contract extension until June 2019.The Brazil midfielder, who was linked with Juventus during the summer, has committed his future to the Blues, who are enduring a challenging season in defence of their Premier League title. Chelsea announced the deal on Thursday evening.Mourinho, who in August signed a four-year contract committing himself to Stamford Bridge until June 2019, was subject to the first vote of confidence of Roman Abramovich’s 12-year ownership on October 5.Since then, Chelsea have won one of their four matches – against a free-falling Aston Villa; the latest defeat was on penalties to Stoke in Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup tie – while Mourinho has faced disciplinary action from the Football Association.The 52-year-old Portuguese had until 6pm on Thursday to respond to a misconduct charge following his half-time touchline dismissal at West Ham last Saturday.Mourinho is already appealing a separate £50,000 fine and suspended one-match stadium ban for comments made after the October 3 loss to Southampton, a result which prompted the vote of confidence.It is not expected either case will be heard before Saturday’s match with Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool.Ramires is likely to start against Liverpool, with his energy key in midfield for the Blues.The 28-year-old joined from Benfica on a four-year deal in 2010 and has won every major club honour since switching to Stamford Bridge.Ramires, who has already made 241 appearances for the Blues, said on chelseafc.com: “I am very happy to sign a new contract with Chelsea.“My family and I are very happy here in London and in the past five years the club has lifted every major trophy.“I hope to be an important part of many more successes in the next four years.” 1last_img read more

JASON HAUGHEY ON THE RUN AFTER SKIPPING BAIL – TWICE!

first_imgA well-known local man has failed to appear in court on serious assault charges – and is now living in Derry.Jason Haughey allegedly stabbed a man outside a Letterkenny hotel in April 2012.Victim Darragh Harvey, 34, was home in Donegal from America where he now lives when he was allegedly attacked by Haughey. Mr Harvey had to be hospitalised after the incident.Haughey was later arrested by arrangement by Gardai outside Letterkenny Courthouse.He was however released on bail on the agreement that he sign on twice weekly at Letterkenny Garda station.Haughey, who used to live in Kilmacrennan, was also facing charges in relation to two burglaries in Letterkenny last year in which he suffered a broken leg and extensive bruising to his face.When the ‘assault causing harm’ case was called at Letterkenny Circuit Court yesterday, the court was told Haughey had not appeared.It later emerged he is living in Derry.Judge John O’Hagan issued a warrant for his arrest. It is the second warrant issued for his arrest.JASON HAUGHEY ON THE RUN AFTER SKIPPING BAIL – TWICE! was last modified: December 10th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DerrydonegalJason Haugheyon the runlast_img read more